Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tenderness of the heart ...

 Hello sweet friends and welcome today!!  I want to share a very special card I created this morning to send along to a very special person in my life!  I took great joy in creating this girlie, beautiful and heartfelt card and can't wait to slip it in the mailbox this afternoon!

  Last night a few close girlfriends and I went on a field trip girls' night out to our LLS!  It's about a hour away from my house, so I don't get there too often ... and that's a good thing because I spent waaayyy too much money!


A few of you already know, but most of you don't ... unfortunately I'll be heading into the hospital in 2 1/2 weeks (March 27th) for a hysterectomy - yuck!  It's been four years that I have been dealing with the challenges I've had going on physically and it has finally gotten to a stage where it just 'has to be done' so I can regain my quality of life.


 One of the ladies from the group last night recently was given some beautiful family heirlooms.  When this sweet gal saw this gorgeous, vintage vase in stunning shades of pink, turquoise, cream and gold, she thought of me!  She gave this precious gift to me and told me to look at it after the surgery to help make me smile ... what a truly selfless and treasured thing to do!!  I almost cried right in the middle of the scrapbooking store!!


 This lovely lady knows that I am a vintage girl at heart, live in a pink Victorian home and love all things antique and shabby ... the vase is already sitting in a place of honor in my parlor on top of an antique coffee table that showcases some of the antique tea cups and pots that I've collected over the years!


 So, I wanted to create an extra special, vintage and over the top girlie card to send off to her to help express my sincere gratitude for her generosity and kindness!  Words don't seem to be 'enough' to convey how much this simple gesture touched my heart!  I guess I'm a bit emotional these days with the impending surgery so close.  I don't know why ... I seem to cry at the drop of a hat these days ... I know the surgery is 'best', but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the emotional side of everything.  I'm 47 ... our family is more than complete and we don't want any additional children ... my hubby assures me that he'll still look at me the same way ... my emotions are raw and really close to the surface :(


 Still ... a beautiful thing from a wonderful person!!

So, the sentiment here speaks for itself ... There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart ... thank you so much, Minnilue!!!

Hugs!
xoxox

Challenges for this card:  
CASE Study #81 - Laura's muse
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #159 - use at least 3 colors from the inspiration photo (white, cream, kraft, black, silver)
Simon Says Stamp - special girl
Fussy & Fancy #57 - long sentiment or verse


20 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry you're feeling down. It will be better once things are all said and done. Just remember, it's what's inside that counts...and from reading your blog I can tell that you're a warm, caring lovely lady. Good luck and Blessings for your upcoming surgery.

Jeanne J said...

Debbie - Sorry to hear about your surgery - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay positive and strong knowing this is only temporary. The vase from your friend is gorgeous - I can well imagine how treasured it will be through the years as a reminder of your friendship. The card you made is also something to be treasured - another beautiful reminder of your freindship pretty enough to be framed.

Michelle said...

Touching post and beautiful card! I'm sure your sweet friend will love it.
Stay positive and keep your chin up. The healing process is shorter when we are in the 'right place' emotionally. It sounds like your hubby is very supportive, too! God bless and good luck, Debbie! All the best.

Beate said...

Debbie, I am sorry to hear you have to have that operation. I hope you will heal fast from it.
Your card is simply stunning! Your special person will adore it.
Hugs and smiles

Geri said...

Deb, just wanted you to know I'll be thinkin' about you, and praying you'll have a smooth and speedy recovery so that you can be up and at the craft table in no time!!! You'll have to keep your mind on what this will do for you in the long run, and how you'll be able to enjoy all the things you love doing even more, once these physical issues are taken care of!! I know you'll be fine, and hope you will keep us posted!!

Linda S. said...

Just to let you know that I will be thinking about you, and praying for you as you undergo surgery. Here's to a successful and fast recovery. Take care, and let those around you help where they can. Linda S. in NE

Anonymous said...

I hope everything went well for you.. I was wondering which stamp you used. I went to Simon says, found some cameo stamps but this looks different.. Would love to know which stamp as it's "so" pretty..
Again, hope you are recovering nicely..

Craftywomansix@aol.com

pattyo said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you'll need surgery but just know it's for the best and you'll feel much better as you heal. I will keep you in my prayers. Your friend gave you a truly lovely gift, and the card you made for her is gorgeous!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a gorgeous card for your friend! Love the cameo on it. And what a sweet gift you received. Your friend knows you will take excellent care of that vase and she can enjoy seeing it whenever she visits your lovely home. Good luck with your surgery. With all the loving support around you, you should be 100% in no time.

Pauline said...

A gorgeous card Debbie, love the cameo and beautiful sentiment.
Hope your surgery goes well, and your recovery swift. Xx

Ruth S said...

What a truly heartfelt and touching gesture from your dear friend at this time. A beatuiful sentiment like this it worthy of your beatuiful card.
I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time and it has meant you'll be having this surgery. Sending you every good wish for a speedy recovery, R xoxo

Aimes said...

Now that's one work of art - such attention to detail!
I hope your surgery goes well and wish you a speedy and full recovery!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
x

Suzanne Russell said...

Your card is gorgeous and so beautifully expressed your heart right now! I'm sorry that you need a major surgery, but if your experience is anything like mine (I was exactly your age) you will be so glad to have both the symptoms and the surgery behind you. I was a new , much healthier AND happier woman post hysterectomy. I wish you the very best!

Greta said...

What a very special card for a very special friend. Wishing you a quick recovery so that you're feeling better than you have in years before you know it!

Maureen said...

this is just so beautiful and I almost cried as I read your heartfelt post. I think it's only natural to have sad feelings...sending prayers for a safe and quick recovery :) Thanks so much for playing with us at CASE Study :) Hugs!

Sabrina said...

I'm sure your thoughtful friend will love and appreciate this beautiful card from you. Best wishes for your surgery.

Christine said...

Oh, I absolutely love your card. It's truly a worthy thank you card for the wonderful gift that you received from your friend. I love the die cut frame and the way you used the black and white ribbon. I really hope that you have an easy time with your surgery and can feel better emotionally soon. I know that many women feel just the same as you do.
Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Clare D. said...

I had surgery at 46 after a minor procedure and prescriptions did not work. I hope you know that we're thinking of you and that you are as happy with your results as I am. It has been nothing short of life changing for me. I got my life back and I hope the same for you too!

Jean Martin said...

I'm sorry to hear about your surgery Debbie. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Stay positive and strong. Wowza! This is stunning Debbie! I'm in love with it! :)

scrappingnana said...

Love your beautiful card. Such a sweet friend.
Sorry to hear about your surgery but pray all goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery. I had a hysterectomy when I was 37 (a long time ago :) ) and believe me you will feel so much beter afterwards. I am thankful I had it and that all went well.
God Bless you.